Daley doesn’t make weight; Anderson bout off

MMA news

Products You May Like

Thursday’s Bellator 247 main event has been canceled after headliner Paul Daley failed to make weight for his fight against Derek Anderson.

Daley, who weighed 1.6 pounds over the 171-pound limit, was forced to go to the hospital due to the bad weight cut. As a result, the fight has been canceled, per Bellator officials. Anderson made weight earlier in the day, but he will not fight a new opponent.

After news of the cancellation got out, Daley took to Instagram to dispute that.

“That is not the case,” he said. “Yes, there was a bad weight cut. I came in 2.6 pounds over, but the fight was accepted. I have not received any hospital treatment at all. I’m back in the hotel now, just feasted, and feel 100%. We should see you all Thursday, tomorrow, when I knock this guy out, if he still wants it.”

After Daley posted his message, ESPN confirmed with Bellator that the fight is still off.

Daley, considered a pioneer of sorts in British MMA, had a history of bad weight cuts earlier in his career, though it had been several years since he missed weight.

This marks the second time this year that the Daley-Anderson fight has been canceled.

The event, which will take place in Milan, will mark the promotion’s debut on CBS Sports Network. Bellator said that Kate Jackson against Denise Kielholtz will be the new main event.

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Leo Finally Meets Islam Makhachev 🥰 #ufc330
Arman Tsarukyan vs. Justin Gaethje NEXT after UFC 331? – MMA Fighting
Dustin Stoltzfus explains what pissed him off about Mansur Abdul-Malik win | UFC 330
Dustin Stoltzfus talks getting nose fixed ahead of UFC 330 – MMA Fighting
UFC 331: Van vs. Pantoja 2 on-sale press conference

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *