Masvidal’s father facing attempted murder charge

MMA news

Products You May Like

Jorge Masvidal Fernandez, the father of recently retired UFC star Jorge Masvidal, was arrested Thursday on a charge of second-degree attempted murder with a deadly weapon after a shooting inside the Miami home owned by Masvidal, according to a Miami-Dade (Florida) Police Department arrest affidavit.

Fernandez allegedly shot a man, Luis Lencioni, at least twice, per police. Lencioni was taken to a hospital with apparent gunshot wounds in both arms. He told officers that Fernandez shot him after a “verbal dispute” near the house’s kitchen. Masvidal, who announced his retirement from the UFC last month, was not at home at the time of the incident, according to police.

Fernandez, 67, was taken into custody and exercised his right to remain silent, according to the affidavit. Police said they found a 38-caliber weapon inside a kitchen cabinet after obtaining a search warrant.

Masvidal has not commented on the situation. He is promoting his Gamebred Bareknuckle MMA card Friday night in Sunrise, Florida.

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

UFC 331: Van vs. Pantoja 2 on-sale press conference
UFC 330 Press Conference HIGHLIGHTS | Islam Makhachev vs. Ian Machado Garry | MMA Fighting
UFC Community SHOCKED! UFC London Main Event ENDS with fans leaving EARLIER, Colby Covington MAD! 😡
‘Nervous energy’: Ian Machado Garry REACTS to first faceoff with Islam Makhachev – MMA Fighting
UFC’s Dana White SHOCKS MMA Community at UFC 327 Event, Josh Hokit BECOMES superstar, Carlos Ulberg

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *